The advent of online gambling has ensured that bettors have more bookmakers than ever before . A quick count shows over a hundred bets UK customers can bet. But are they all the same?
In any market with so many competitors, each will use different methods to differentiate themselves within the market. Betting is no different in this respect and although on the surface betting is a bet, the way the company entices you to bet with them can be divided into 5 basic areas.
1. Free Bet for New Customers – This is the most common tool and usually involves betting matching the customer’s first bet with a free bet equal to the advertised amount. Free bet offers can be tempting, but you need to get in quickly – the numbers are starting to be reduced by many bookmakers.
2. Best Price – All cities set their own prices for each event and obviously some set better prices than others for the same event. Betting with this bet can make you give up if your choice wins.
3. Free competitions – Some bookmakers provide free competitions as long as you register your details for the competition. This can be profitable; one example is Skybet offering a top prize of £100,000 for free to enter the Super6 competition.
4. Existing customer offers – Some bookies have an open to everyone offer where they will refund your losing bet if an event occurs i.e. Wayne Rooney scores the last goal of the match. It’s good to know about these types of offers because they give you the opportunity to get your money back as a free bet if your bet loses.
5. Promotions in existing stores or on TV – Most street bookies also have online betting and they like their customers to register online so they can continue betting when the store is closed. Many bookmakers now also have TV commercials, but there’s never been any info on what they do better than anyone else. They expect you to only be loyal to their brand and brand loyalty doesn’t pay off in stakes.
In conclusion there are 5 main ways online betting companies lure customers to bet with them. If you’re a new customer, free bets are definitely a factor to consider, but make sure you check out those with a good reputation before you sign up. You also need to compare prices for your bets so you can get the best odds and make more money. Look for any bonuses that the bookmaker offers to current customers after you join, better take as much profit as you can. Also look for the free competitions they provide and you can win money for free.