Roulette is probably the most enjoyable casino game, as evidenced by the number of people who play it . Indeed, roulette as popular as it is fun. This is often credited to the sleek and straightforward design of casino games, with such simplicity only surpassed by slot games.
As with every single gambling game, the thrilling experience of roulette always begins with the betting process. This is done in a rather short time and is often thought by players, regardless of whether they understand the randomness of the game or not.
There are many types of bets that can be made in roulette. These are then classified into two categories and, furthermore, divided into several more specific groups.
The first category is inside bets , which are so called because of their position on the betting board. These are bets placed on individual numbers or combinations thereof. Inside bets are generally high paying, which, at most can net you 35 to 1. Inside bets are then subdivided based on the number of bets they cover. These are as follows:
• Live bets are placed on one number on the table. The payout is 35:1, or 35 chips for one bet. It has a 2.7% to 2.63% winning probability, depending on the version.
• Split bets cover two numbers and payout 17:1. The odds of winning are slightly higher than straight bets, increasing from 5.41% to 5.26%.
• Street is a bet placed on three numbers. It has a payout of 11:1 and can win with a probability of 8.11% to 7.89%.
• Corner covers four numbers and pays 8:1. It has a winning probability of 10.81% to 10.53%.
• The first five are exclusively American roulette. This bet goes on the first five numbers starting at 0 and 00, wins at 13.16% odds and pays 6:1.
• Six lines is a six-figure bet as the name implies. It has the highest winning odds of all the inside bets at 16.22% to 15.79% but has the lowest payout of 5:1.
The second category is outside bets, which are conveniently positioned around bets inside the roulette board. These bets cover not specific numbers but their ranges and, in one example, their colors. It doesn’t pay out as much in the bet but wins more often because it covers more numbers than in the bet. Meanwhile, this category is further subdivided into the types and ranges of numbers it covers. As follows:
• There are six even outside bets in roulette: black, red, 1-18, 19-36, odd number and even number. All of these can win 1:1 and have the highest probability of winning at 48.65% to 47.37%.
• Next come dozens and columns. A dozen bets cover a dozen numbers arranged horizontally in the table while column bets cover the same but arranged vertically. Both have 32.43% and 31.58% winning odds and pay out 2:1.
This concludes a quick overview of roulette bets and their odds. This should be a handy guide for those new to the game, and should help anyone make decisions more quickly during the betting stage.